BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Tyler!

This week was my roommate's 4th birthday.  His actual birthday was on Thursday, but on Saturday we had a party for him and gave him his presents.  I was so excited to give him mine.  When my brother was a little boy he had one and he loved it.  I knew Tyler would love this same thing too. I had a friend's sister make him a Batman/Superman cape.  It looked amazing and he loved it!!  

We also made him a dino cake.  This was Brandon's idea and Sarah and I were a bit skeptical with making this.  But we all 3 pitched in and helped each other.  Brandon baked it, cut out the pieces and made the eyes and toes.  Sarah and I assembled it, frosted it and put the spikes on it. It was a huge hit and it looked so good!  Thanks to Brandon's vision and his inspiration from watching way to many cake decorating shows.


Tyler & I on Friday night chill'n

Tyler, Mia and Dino

Dino the Cake

Batman running around in his cape

The best cape ever!  (the other side is Superman)

It's been fun living with a little guy and realizing that I do like the kids and maybe, just maybe I'll have my own someday.  If he/she is like Tyler, then I'll be happy!  If not, then it will be just like me and that will be a huge problem for our society!



6 comments:

Carrie said...

The cake looks AMAZiNG!!! And the cape is so adorable!

Erica Huff said...

The cape is so great! How do I sign up for one of those? And the cake! It is awesome!

lizzo said...

That cake is amazing. It looks like Carrie could have created it.

The Lingwalls said...

What an awesome party! Thanks again for everything, I couldn't have done it all without you!

Achtung Amy! said...

HOLY COW! How'd you get Carrie to Utah to make a cake and not tell me!? Are you guys for real????

Nic said...

Very cool cake, I might have to steal that one!

Somehow my blog is messed up so
anyways...now I'm http://nickemp.blogspot.com

nicolekemp.com is no more.