BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fun Back In Funeral



No one puts the "fun" back in funeral than my mom, Clarene... AKA Lurlene. This last Monday, my dear Aunt passed away. She was ready, and honestly this was a blessing. Even though losing a loved one is always difficult no matter what.

This past Thursday evening we all gathered at a funeral home in Rigby, Idaho. After viewing my Aunt's body and saying a few words to her immediate family, my mom and I sat down. We were talking to my mom's brother's about our Aunt's husband and the way her treated her over the course of 60 yrs when all of the sudden the power went out in the town.

Yup, the power went out in a funeral home while we were talking about our deceased loved one. It was pitch dark and I'm sure dead spirits were wondering around that place like they owned it. I'll be honest and say it was a bit creepy to be in total darkness in a funeral home. I leaned toward my mom and said "If her body is gone when the power comes back on, then we got ourselves a murder mystery dinner." Yeah, we were trying to make "light" of the situation.

Now here's the kicker. After everyone was using their cell phones to see 2" in front of them, mom and I decided to leave. But not before she says, "Let's go home. This party is DEAD."

Yup, Lurlene said the party was D-E-A-D, dead. I almost couldn't believe she said it, but you know what, she is Clarene. The woman who says anything to anyone, no matter where she is. Even her own sister's funeral.

Moral of the story is this. We put the "fun" back in funeral.


3 comments:

Wendy said...

I love the Lurlene!! Sorry to hear about your Aunt, it's never easy loosing a loved one.

Carrie said...

I love your murder mystery comment. But it would have been better if the lights had come back on and Jack was dead :)

lizzo said...

Oh man, that's so inappropriate it's hilarious.