BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm not dead inside!

Who ever said I don't have maternal instinct is totally mistaken.  I've recently found out that I CAN cook and I DO love kids.  I made dinner for a few of my friends tonight and I realized I can cook.  I made baked pineapple chicken with brown rice and sauteed garlic asparagus.  I now know what blanching is, and I also know that you can purchase caramelized ginger.  (word of advice, you don't need a lot of  ginger to go a long way!)


The final product


Rumor has it, it was good eat'n!

Last week, I asked my 3 year old roommate if he would like to watch a movie with me.  So there we were, watching Kung Fu Panda on my couch and eating popcorn that Sarah made.  Tyler is one of the coolest kids I've ever met.  He is funny and repeats everything I say!  His mom doesn't think that's so cool but who cares!

Funny story about Tyler tonight after dinner.  The girls and I were in the dining room chatting and Tyler came in butt naked!  He shook his little bum and then said 'I gotta pee'.  He grabbed his little boy potty, dragged it out into the dining room and squatted right then and there!  We all were laughing so hard that it made us cry.  Damn I love that kid!

3 comments:

The Lingwalls said...

He mostly stands at the toilet to pee but he was showing off for the girls when he surprised you all with the grand finale!

The Lingwalls said...

He loves you so....that's why he cries every time you leave the house and asks why you are leaving!

lizzo said...

Wow...I can't believe you cooked.