BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pick'n

I should pick more often, banjo that is.  I have thought about selling my banjo for several months now.  The reason, I don't play him, he collects dust, and I could use the money.  I have stopped picking and I feel like I have betrayed a dear friend.

This is a picture of me holding Vern, my banjo.  Vern got his name after a man I taught on the mission.  He lived in Claremore, Oklahoma and was a musician himself.  I loved that man very dearly.  Therefore, it was only fitting that I give my banjo his name. (R.I.P Vernon March)

After having a photo shoot with Koug and seeing Vern smile in the pictures, I realized I can't sell him.  In fact, I need to play him more.  So I thank Koug for taking these pictures and making me realize who the love of my life is.  His name is Vern and he is mine.  

6 comments:

Erica Huff said...

Beautiful picture! And you can't sell your banjo! Is that the one you got at UPS? I remember you getting that. Why in the world would you sell that???

Kate said...

Lori is gorgeous! I heart her.

lizzo said...

I seriously loooove this picture. You're hot.

Nic said...

Love this pic! Love Vern too, didn't know this about you.

The Lingwalls said...

That would be like selling your soul! Oh wait, you sold that to the devil like years ago!

Heather said...

I'm so glad that you are not selling Vern! You look beautiful in your photos!