BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Faces

If you haven't read about Connie Culp and her recent face transplant, you should.  http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/05/04/face.transplant.patient/index.html  The story is amazing!  As I read it, it brought back memories from my own 'transplant'.  Not that I've been through what she has, but I do know how it feels to see a transformation.  


This story touched me so much.  Just knowing that this woman is regaining something that's normal and accepted is something to celebrate.  It's amazing to know that doctors can help a woman, or anyone, feel normal again.  Connie has been through more than I could ever handle, but she is a strong, amazing woman and I'm glad she came forward with her story.

Please take time to read about her story.  It's one that is amazing and one that I can personally relate to.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Yesterday afternoon, I spent about an hour reading about her story and looking at pictures. This is so amazing! I was completely awe struck.

Carrie said...

She deserves a lot...and the hastard who did that to her deserves to be thrown to sharks.

lizzo said...

It's funny you mention this story because I thought of you when I read it yesterday. Again, not because of you having gone through the same things but because you have been through something similar and I've always admired your courage. You have never once felt sorry for yourself and I think you are amazing too.

The Lingwalls said...

Amazing story. It's crazy what they can do today. The ahole that shot her should be castrated, tortured, then left for dead.