BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Loronics

I have been looking through old pictures all day remembering all the cruises, themed parties, dancing, camping, birthdays and concerts.  I then came across a video I had completely forgot about.  It was taken during the year of surgeries I had a few years back.  It reminded me of a thing we called "Loronics". 


Loronics was a language I made up at a time when I couldn't close my mouth due to swelling from surgeries.  Because my lips couldn't touch each other there were many letters I couldn't pronounce. Imagine if you couldn't pronounce your m's, p's,and b's.  Do you know how many words have those letters in them?  It's a lot!

Imagine not being able to say "please", "move", "table", "Dumbo", "Mississippi" and my most used word "bitch".  Let me tell you it was a difficult task.  So I made up Loronics.  I substituted letters in place of those I couldn't pronounce.  M's became n's.  B's became d's or h's.  P's were the hardest.  I either ignored that the letter was in the word or substituted it with a n or a t, sometimes even a y.  For example, the word "move" became "nove".  The word 'Mississippi" became "nississitti" or "nissassnittni" and "bitch" became "hitch".  

Here is an example of "Loronics".  Please never take for granted the ability to talk normal.  Just say'n!


Here is a glimpes of Loronics.  

7 comments:

lizzo said...

Awwwww....I DO eat tonatoes and we DID type on contuders! And you DID lay on the tadle!

Good riddance Loronics!

Carrie said...

Hastard! Luvin the new blog layout!

Kristy said...

awww I took that video, I love my little Looori! Glad that the touch and go part is over.

Wendy said...

"neant to dee" was a favorite of mine!

Achtung Amy! said...

My fav was Pepto Bismal ... Hepno Hismol.

Damn that surgery...RIP the seagull.

LDeSbian said...

Amy it was Hetno hisnol. No p's or m's! Loronics is a hard one!

Gina said...

Damn! I am mad that I missed that! But that video! What a gem! Made me laugh at your expense! :)