BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Monsoon 2009

Tonight Looori and Lola (see previous post) decided to go for a long bike ride.  Yes, we knew there was a 90% chance of rain and yes we knew we would probably run into some drops but we still ventured out. As we left, I told my roommates to come looking for us if we didn't return any time soon.  So off Lola and I went!


We decided to ride over to DayBreak, which is a cool development where there is a lake and a few of my friends live.  If I had to guess it's probably a 3-7 mile round trip ride.  I ended up next to the new temple in Utah.  (The Oquirrh Mtn Temple)  My friends Liz & Steve live on the street of the temple, so I decided to drop by and see them.  After spending a few minute there and stealing some water from them, I decided it was time to get going because some dark clouds were rolling in and I figured I'd be caught in it.  Well little did I know it was a freak'n MONSOON!!!!  I had just got out of their neighborhood and had about 2 more miles to go before I was home.  

Seriously, this was a mess!  It started down pouring and was windy.  There I was, going against the wind, with the rain stabbing me in the face, arms and legs!  I just kept on going because I had nothing better to do.  Honestly, it was fun!  I was literally laughing as I was riding through the rain and the many rain puddles.  As I got closer to home, I saw Sarah's van driving around looking for me.  I met her back at home and had her take some pics of Lola and I.  

A big thanks to Sarah and Brandon for their concern and coming to look for me.

Looori & Lola coming in from the rain

You might not be able to tell, but yes I was soaked from head to toe!  Absolutely SOAKED!!
After that trauma I had today, I think I'll do it all over again.....tomorrow!
 

4 comments:

Carrie said...

That a girl!

lizzo said...

Your clothes look like different clothes! Everything is a different color.

Let's do it tonight...at softball!

Heather said...

You are crazy, but it does sound like fun! Sometimes I love getting caught outside in a huge downpour. It happened the other day, but it was not so fun that time, because I had the baby and he was getting soaked!

Achtung Amy! said...

I do love you in tight, wet t-shirts. Apparently so does mother nature.