BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Marriage Day!

My parents just celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on Oct 25th. We planned a party for them and their 60 closest friends. Chris and I came home to put this all together. Carrie had to stay in MN, but she made some amazing invites and guest book. We had all of our 8mm film transferred to DVD and were able to surprise them with it at the party.

I must admit, when I picked up the film and watched it, I cried. It was so cool to see my parents walk out of the Idaho Falls temple as eternal companions and ready to start their lives together. I also realized that they were 2 kids who fell in love and wanted to share their lives together. For that, I am grateful for.

Gaylon & Clarene exiting the temple. (after Clarene tripped on the stairs and dad caught her)


I wanted to make some cool centerpieces, so I attempted to make paper picture lanterns

Me (Martha feak'n Steward) making lanterns

Coming together

The final work of art. (not so cool cause it was bright in the room, but you get the idea)

We dry cleaned mom's wedding dress and displayed it. Now, that was cool!

Their colors were black white and pink. (so hip for the time)

Family roasting the rents

40 yrs later and still HOT!

The family...minus Carrie. :(

It was a fun thing to throw together. I'm glad my bro suggested it. Since we have NEVER acknowledged their anniversary, EVER! It was nice to celebrate a big one for them. Like my mom says "who knows if we'll have a 41st, might as well celebrate the 40th".

Seriously, I'm so blessed to have the parents that I do. I love them so much. Looking through pictures, slides and movies during the past few months has been such a blessing for me. It's given me a chance to reflect on the great childhood that I had. I love my parents and am so glad they ahh.... did it so that they could bring 3 AMAZINGLY good looking kids into this world. I love them so much and am grateful for them every day. Congrats Gaylon and Clarene AKA Gaylord and Lurlene!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

So sweet of you guys to do that for your parents! It looks like it was a super fun time, and I can tell from the pictures how much thought and love went into throwing that party for them! You rock!

lizzo said...

love the centerpieces, love the pictures, love everything. love you.