BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mother Pluckers Pluck for Jesus

My internet search evolution.  (all on YouTube)  

Golden Girls, to listening to the sound track of 'Mission' by Ennio Morricone to watching Yo Yo Ma perform with Allison Krauss, back to Golden Girls Clips, to EFY soundtracks.  This lead me to download a song by Peter Breinholt which reminded me of my mission.  
I then went back to YouTube to listen to more Peter B.  Followed by a trip back to clips of the Golden Girls.  I was then reminded of a song that I loved called 'Come Thou Fount  of Every Blessing'.  I listened to several different versions of this song and found one that was played with the banjo.  Leading me to where I am now.  Holding my Banjo and trying to play 'Come Thou Fount' while trying not to wake up the neighborhood at 2:15 am.

Now if I could only learn to play the theme song to the 'Golden Girls'.  I should go sleep now!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

maybe you should have come over

lizzo said...

Thank you for being a friend...traveled down the road and back again. Your heart is true, you're a pal...aw crap! I really do know all the words!

Hey, we should do a duet: you on the banjo me on the rag-time piano.

I actually penned my own verses to the tune of "Come thou Fount" because it's one of my favorites. I'll share them with you someday.

Achtung Amy! said...

SO, what you're saying is that I am NOT crazy?? No wonder I was dreaming about hillbillies, moonshine and having sex with my toothless cousin last night. Phew!

Achtung Amy! said...

PS - I love 'Come Thou Font'. It was my g-pa's fav song and my sissy Sarah sang it at his funeral. I miss him.

(I'm emo).

Kristy said...

I love you is all I can say! Can't wait to live in FL with you And John and Liz we need one more Golden Girl.

bv said...

you need to call me in the middle of night when you can't sleep and put the banjo away...it reminds me too much of 'Deliverence'. Piggy squealing is NOT allowed, ugh.